Friday, March 8, 2013

My Meals this Week

I wanted to share this week's meal plan with you; one that I made and am actually using this week.  Some of the recipes are in the updated 2-Week Meal Planner (email if you did not receive this and would like a copy), and the new recipes I will be posting for you.  I have lots of recipes so my meal plan varies quite a bit each week.  It is fine if you don't vary your meals this much, just be sure to adjust them with the availability of seasonal produce.
 
I don't finalize my meal plan until I see what is on-sale at the grocery store. It saves so much money if you buy the sale and special organic items (especially for produce and meats). I always buy extra sale meat to put in the freezer. Then I plan my meals around what I have purchased.

I also vary my meals based on what is getting old in the refrigerator so that we seldom throw away any food. Every few days we have a 'leftovers' lunch or dinner (though we don't have many leftovers anymore at my house!).

I have two teenage sons who eat a tremendous amount of food, and so I fix a lot more food now than I did five years ago.  I always try to think ahead for our meals.  For example, when I bake sweet potatoes for my 'Sweet Potato Bake' dish, I make extras so I have them to make 'Sweet Potato Biscuits' later in the week.  When I make 'Roasted Potatoes', I always roast a whole bag of potatoes so I have them available for the 'Roasted Potato and Sausage' quick meal.  I also try to keep yellow rice and cooked beans in the refrigerator for quick meals, when plans change and a quick meal is needed.  With a little planning, it is easy to have quick 30 minute or less meal. 
 

Here is a blank meal planner, you can click on the photo and copy it onto your computer, adjust the size, and print it out if you have not made one yet.  Start planning your meals for next week; take advantage of your ability to plan and obtain good quality ingredients to feed yourself and your family.
 
"His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!'"  Matthew 25:23
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment