Friday, April 19, 2013

Chicken Sausage Gumbo Update

 
Oops - I left off a couple very important ingredients (celery and green onions) in the ingredient list of the original post for chicken sausage gumbo.  I have corrected it.  So, if you printed it out before, reprint it.  I realized the missing ingredients when I went to the blog to follow the recipe this time I made it.  Sorry.


I also had sausage to put in it this time.  My mouth is watering for some more of this gumbo just writing up this post, it was so incredibly good.  I have never used this sausage before (which I found at Natural Grocer), and I did not buy it for this purpose but rather for breakfast burritos for class.  But when I started cutting it, I realized it was not the crumbly type sausage which I needed for the breakfast burritos (I had bought two packages to try it before class).  Thus, I made this gumbo with it instead.  I also had no chicken, so I used shredded turkey.  Hope you have fun experimenting like this and that you are blessed with delicious results too!


The type sausage that you want to use for this recipe must not crumble like ground meat when you cut it, thus you don't want to use the same type sausage as that called for in the roasted potato and sausage quick meal.  As you can see in the photo, the sausage stays intact when cut.  Most of the sausages made in-store by Whole Foods are the 'crumbly' type as I showed in class on Tuesday night.  It is hard to find a good quality sausage for gumbo so I am very pleased having found this one!  Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment