Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Karen's Story of Success

Wow - I love hearing from each of you about the blessings you are receiving from your efforts and how God is opening your eyes to the truth about foods.  I hope you are as encouraged and inspired as I am reading Karen's story!

 
When Mary asked me to share my story,  I honestly did not know where to begin but I knew I wanted to share.  So, I am starting our story from the beginning.  I say our story because this involves my son, Josh.   Josh is 23 years old and is down syndrome.  He has had problems with eczema ever since he was a child.  Over the past several years he has developed boils on his body.  I  took him to our family Dr.  He prescribed 'Clindamycin'.  Once Josh took all the medication the boils would return.  So I then took him to two different dermatologists who prescribed the same medication.
 
After realizing the Dr.'s solution is a medication that keeps my son's stomach upset all the time,  I asked everyone at church  to pray for him  during our Wednesday night prayer service.  The very next day all the boils were gone.  Josh went about a year without any boils.  In the  past three months the boils had returned.  I asked God , "Why is this happening?"  God told me it was what we were eating.
 
So I started doing some research and read that boils are caused by a lack of zinc in your body.  So, I started doing more research and found foods that contain zinc.  About this same time, Jennifer invited me to attend a 'Foods by God' class.  I was  amazed at what Mary was telling us.  This was exactly the information I needed.  I immediately started my family on eating Foods by God.  I cleaned the pantry and took the processed foods and donated them to Anna's House.  It  has been four weeks since we began our journey only eating Foods by God.  I am happy to say Josh is boil free.  He came to me the other day and said,  "Mom, look.  I am myself again."
 
I let Josh make as many of the foods himself that he can.  If he makes it, he will eat it.  He made the brownie recipe the other day and they were delicious.  He also made chocolate chip cookies.  All of the ingredients were organic and the cookies were sweetened with honey.  However, his favorite food is the baked chicken.  I cooked and shredded the chicken and put it in the refrigerator.  I was going to make chicken enchilada's the next day but I came home to find he had eaten the chicken.  Every last bite of it.  He told me it was the best chicken ever.
 
Foods by God are just that 'foods made by God'.  Over the past four weeks,  God has taught me so much about the foods he has given us.  I've been married for 27 years.  Last week, my husband said, "I did not know you could cook like this."  I did not know I could cook like this either.  I use fresh herbs and organic foods.
 
My favorite bible verse is Proverbs 3:5-6 , "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct thy path."  God directed our path to Foods by God.
 
Sincerely, 
 
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment