Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thank You



I am reading a book called, One Thousand Gifts, and last night while making dinner, I realized how blessed I am by this blog.  So I wanted to say 'Thank you' today.
 
Thank you for your encouragement and support.  Thank you for all the money we have saved this year not eating out. Thank you for helping me to see that the quality of the foods available and the taste is so inferior that I have lost the desire to eat out.  Thank you for all the new recipe ideas, like the refreshing strawberry lemonade and chocolate pudding (both which we will be sampling at class Tuesday night).  Thank you for my improved diet this year as I do the weekly challenges too.  Thank you for my motivation to go out almost daily to snip some fresh herbs for a meal.  Thank you for sharing your stories of success, for letting me know how you are seeing improvements in chronic health issues and how you feel.  One thousand gifts... as I see them all I am having fun and I am filled with joy!
 
I hope you are having fun too!!!  My prayer for you today is that you will not see changing your diet from man-made foods to God-made foods as a negative endeavor is which you have to give up everything you love but as a positive experience in which you get to enjoy so many excellent, delicious foods.  I hope you can give thanks and gain the joy too.  And I hope with the joy that you will have more strength and conviction to avoid the man-made foods that are so prevalent, especially the sugar, cheap fats, and cheap salt.
 
"And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold." Nehemiah 8:10
 
In the book, One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp talks about finding joy and see God's glory because we have all received one grace after another.  Recognize the grace upon grace, the gift heaped upon gift that you are receiving, and grab the joy.  Thank you for the gifts you have given me, and the joy I have received from them.
 
"For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift."  John 1:16 AMP
 
My prayer is that you may see the grace upon grace, gift upon gift God is offering to you.
 
Many blessings,
 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment