Saturday, April 27, 2013

What supplements do I take?


A lot of people ask me this question, so I thought I would post my answer for everyone.  My answer, none.


 
Organic fresh fruits and vegetables (the ones shown in the photo above are from my garden last year), raw organic nuts and seeds, organic whole grains, raw dairy, 100% grass-fed beef, range-free soy-free chicken products are some of my 'supplements' now.  I don't take any man-made supplements on a regular basis.  This has not always been the case.  After realizing that man-made drugs did nothing for me but cause bad side-effects and did not cure anything, I next tried supplements when I had a problem, whether it was an achy muscle, tiredness, or a cold.  I still have a drawer full of various things.  I should toss them all because they are probably long pass their expiration dates.  Five years ago, when I was teaching 'Eating God's Food' classes, I had stopped taking everything but a daily Probiotic.  I have even stopped that since I regularly include raw milk kefir and yogurt in my diet.
 
I came to realize that taking supplements is usually just another type of 'Band-Aid', and typically not the answer.
 
The answer to health and vitality (which I have finally come to fully see) is eating 100% God's foods.  I do not know why that simple answer does not satisfy, and instead we say, "But isn't there something I need to take for this health problem or concern that I have?".  Eating 100% God's foods requires a few changes in lifestyle, such as not eating out often; and doing some basic things, such as getting a bit of sunshine daily and not eating after dinner.
 
God has created our bodies with AMAZING healing abilities if we just give them the proper vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that they need.  What is even more fascinating than that, is that God gives us the proper concentration of these 'supplements' that our bodies need for healing and health in His foods He created for us.  When we try to take our own supplements, we typically throw our bodies off balance and instead of 'healing' we can cause more problems. 
 
An excellent example is taking calcium for osteoporosis.  It was discovered after people's osteoporosis was getting worse on calcium supplements, that calcium and magnesium were needed together.  Now, it is being realized that Vitamin D is very important also (and many people take a supplement for this too).  But supplements do not heal and reverse the damage, only a changed diet can do that.  And osteoporosis occurs in the first place because our bodies need to take calcium from our bones to neutralize and clear the man-made foods and sodas we put into them.
 
The answer to health and vitality is eating a balanced diet of God-made foods, 100 % God-made food - good quality foods that have not been altered or modified by man to make them toxic.  There is no man-made short cut that will work.  This is the answer because this is how God created us.  But man with his worldly wisdom is always trying to be 'smarter' than God.  However, man's wisdom is foolishness to God, and will not help you.  Don't get trapped in this deception.
 
So many people begin taking a lot of supplements to solve their health issues (as an alternative to man-made drugs when/if they realize the damage to their bodies that these are doing).  Often the next step is to begin cutting foods out of their diets, until they are on very restrictive diets.
 
A much better approach is to buy excellent quality real foods (local are best, ones that you have investigated to know how they are grown or raised), and cut all man-made foods from your diet.  The severity of your health issues determines if and how much you can cheat. 
 
You will be astonished to see how amazingly well our bodies can heal on their own.  I certainly have been and continue to be amazed (see my story).  May God bless your efforts and direct your path.
 
"Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.   For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, 'He catches the wise in their own craftiness';  and again, 'The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile'."  1 Corinthians 3:19 - 20


No comments:

Post a Comment