Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thank You Again


 
For years, my guys have been asking me to write out my recipes so they could follow them.  I have hundreds of recipes all marked up in books, in recipe binders I have started, on recipe cards, and in piles of papers.  Worse, there are little notes and marks all over each recipe, as I adjust and tweak the recipe. 

So I decided last fall that this year I would work on getting my recipes organized.  Not sure why I was putting off getting started - guess I needed a few months to think about starting!  Of course, knowing myself, when I did finally start, I would do a couple and then 'think' about working on more for years to come.  Doubtful that it would ever happen, I did something I usually don't do for a project like this;  I prayed to God that He would help me accomplish my goal. 
 
"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."  Ephesians 3:20

Six months into this year, I realize I have definitely been blessed more infinitely than I had asked in this area.  Wow.  I humbly thank God and you for your interest in my recipes.
 
When Julie and Kris asked if I would teach classes again this year, I was not thinking about my recipe project.  Of course, I was also not thinking about doing a blog or that a blog might be the means to document my recipes. 
 
Jennifer has asked years ago if I would start a blog, so I emailed her to see if she was interested in setting up one for me and showing me how it worked.  I envisioned the blog as a means to tell you what was on sale at Whole Foods or what new organic produce that I had found at Costco.  I had no idea what I would put on the blog, but it sounded like a good idea.  Little did I know that Jenn would set it all up for me and do so much more, like setting up and managing a Facebook page to further support those of this journey. 

I still did not link teaching classes again and doing a blog with my prayer of getting my recipes organized.  (Sometimes I am very slow to realize what is happening!) 
 
Last December, I began my planning for the classes with Kris and Julie.  Wanting to change their diets, Kris and Julie began asking me for various recipes, so I started posting some.  They asked for more, so I posted more.  Then others started asking, so I posted still more.  With recipes posted, instead of rummaging through my recipes to find one, I started coming to the blog's recipe box, and following the recipe straight from the blog since I have a computer at a desk in my kitchen.  

And then it happened. 
 
I went to get a recipe and it wasn't on the blog!  So I started searching for it, trying to remember if it was in a book or on a paper or on a recipe card or in one of my binders.  Fifteen minutes later, I found it.  So, so very frustrating.  Then it hit me - I was being blessed by this blog.  God had answered my prayer!  I am documenting my recipes for my guys, I am accomplishing my goal that I prayed about, but I am being blessed beyond measure by it too.  Meals are prepared much more quickly when I don't spend time searching for a recipe - what great motivation and inspiration.  I am amazed.  This is infinitely more useful for my family than I had asked or thought.

I hope you are also using the recipes and that cooking from scratch using all natural ingredients is becoming easier and more routine for you.  May you be blessed and inspired by access to simple, easy, delicious recipes too.  Thank you.
 
"And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others." 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment