Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Curry Chicken Salad

 
New recipe for me and absolutely delicious.  This new recipe is a combination of my chicken salad recipe and Julie's.  I bought organic boneless chicken breasts at Costco and I think how I cooked the chicken added a lot to the delicious taste.   

Ingredients:

~ 2 cups cooked, shredded organic chicken (2 half boneless breasts)
1 1/2 cups organic red grapes (halved)
1 cup chopped organic celery
1/2 cup silvered almonds

1/4 cup melted butter (I used my homemade butter)
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used Hain's Safflower Mayonnaise)
2 - 3 Tbl fresh parsley, de-stemmed and chopped
1 tsp curry powder
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sea salt

Place the chicken breasts on a hot BBQ grill and blackened  but don't worry about cooking them thoroughly on the grill (or they will get dried out).  After they are sufficiently blackened, place the chicken in a glass baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 °F.  Remove from oven and allow to cool, then shred.  Place in a large bowl.  Cut the grapes in half and chop the celery.  Mix together grapes, celery, shredded chicken and almond silvers in a bowl. 

In a separate small bowl, combine the melted butter, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic, curry powder and sea salt.  Combine sauce well and then pour onto chicken mixture.  Stir until evenly distributed.  Chill until ready to serve.

I served it on a bed of lettuce with crackers on the side.  It was absolutely delicious!

 

2 comments:

  1. Last night I made plans to make chicken salad today. So, I suppose your post today is providential. I usually use the Sonoma Chicken Salad recipe from Whole Foods. I've never cooked with curry so I guess my family is in for a surprise. :) Can you tell me if this CS has a savory flavor or a sweet flavor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great question. But how to answer... the grapes give it a sweet flavor but I would not say it is a 'sweet' CS, though it is also not savory. Though it is incredibly delicious with wonderful flavors. Please let me know how you would answer the question after you have it today.

      Delete