Thursday, February 13, 2014

Gerri's Story of Sharing

 
I LOVE to hear stories like this one.  I actually heard about what Gerri was doing from a friend on the receiving end, so I asked Gerri if she would please share what she was doing with us so she could be an encouragement to all.  It is so important that you share what you are doing with your family, friends, and acquaintances.  Gerri may be really busy next week providing healing soup to sick people, as colds and flu hit persons who indulged in the Valentine's cheap sugary sweets that are everywhere right now.  Thank you, Gerri, for your kind heart and the help and knowledge you are providing to others - you are changing the world!  May you be richly blessed.

Gerri wrote:

My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed the Healing Chicken Soup.  The way the baking chicken and simmering broth smell is alone worth making this recipe.   I've had friends come over during this process who've asked for the recipe just based on the savory scent alone.   Our whole family enjoys this recipe and though it has many steps, they are not difficult steps.  Being aware of the time involved in the simmering process and advance planning are the keys to success.
 
At times I make the recipe strictly according to how it's written. Other times I vary the ingredients and have enjoyed those results as well.  For example, I added kale to the soup to add nutrition for family friends who were sick, then for another friend who can't have rice, I added sweet potatoes and kale instead.  Another time I added navy beans to the mix.   We have found that we like the recipe no matter what combination of vegetables we try.
 
In the past few weeks, with cold and flu season in full swing, I've had the opportunity to take the chicken soup to a number of friends who have all thoroughly enjoyed it.  After asking for the recipe, one friend commented, "My husband said this was made with 'real' chicken broth.  He was right!"  She commented that it was the best soup she had ever eaten (that time, I inadvertently added twice the amount of rice than the recipe called for but it worked nonetheless). 
 
Enjoy this simple recipe and look forward to the FABULOUS smells coming from the kitchen during the baking, the simmering, and the cooking!   
 
~Gerri  
Is Jesus merely useful to you — or is He ultimately beautiful to you? When Jesus is merely useful to me, I want Him to move my world. When Jesus is ultimately beautiful to me, it’s my heart that is moved – and this begins to change the world. ~Voskamp

No comments:

Post a Comment