Thursday, April 3, 2014

Raw Energy Balls


These raw energy balls are so easy to make and so delicious.  A great snack that is healthy and that does not contain processed sugar.  My friend, Jennie, sent me a link for a similar energy ball - I had fun making modifications to their recipe.  Have fun modifying my recipe for your family but be sure you only use quality ingredients that do not contain any of the ingredients that should be avoided.

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats (not quick)
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup cocoa nibs*
1/4 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 Tbl hemp hearts

1/2 cup raw almond butter (or any raw nut butter)
1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
2 Tbl. maple syrup

Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl, and the liquid ingredients in another.  Add the dry ingredients to the viscous liquid ingredients, and blend well.  Chill for about 30 minutes in the refrigerator before forming into balls.  Then enjoy!

* I have two types of cocoa nibs that I use, both are very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment