Sunday, April 28, 2013

Renee's Healing with God's Food


Thank you, Renee, for sharing your story with us.  As I said in yesterday's post, "What Supplements do I take?", the best supplements for true healing are real foods.  This is not just my perception; I have seen it for so many people.  Please read about Renee's wonderful experiences over the past couple months.  (Please note, though expensive, I do recommend a good quality Probiotic for everyone until you have mastered a diet of eating 100% real foods which includes your own raw kefir and yogurt.)

This has been a new happy road to travel on.  I have really enjoyed learning Foods by God with Mary, because it has been fun and easy, tasteful, and enjoyable for my family.  Whew!  You know that is the hard part, getting the kids and husband on the same eating plan as you are.  My kids are teenagers and young twenties, so no starting out with new baby taste buds, I had to deal with old bad habits that I taught them.
 
When I turned 40 years old, I did not feel good.  I was tired; my digestive tract was not working and in considerable pain. I had joint pain and stiffness. Also, I had acid reflux which later turned into Esophageal muscle spasms. So I went to a gastroenterologist and he told me I had IBS and also needed a colonoscopy. He put me on Prilosec and told me I would have to be on it for life. I did that for a while and not much changed; then I decided that my God has a better solution and I’m going to ask Him about it.
 
I loved to drink coke and I felt that the Lord was saying to get off of it so I prayed and asked for his help and eventually with trial and error I finally stopped drinking coke. But, I still needed to get my sugar cravings under control.
 
Well it turned out that my sister was using a natural dietitian, so I started with her and she put me on vitamins: like Pro-dophilus,  Flora-guard, fiber, green food powders, and many other vitamins.  She started to teach me how to eat healthier foods.  It was like learning to cook all over again.  I did start to feel better, but the vitamins were expensive. Furthermore we were not eating organic foods. I was still having problems, because I was addicted to sugar. By the time I turned 50 I was feeling somewhat better. But if a holiday came around or I had a sugar binge, I was right back to feeling bad again.
 
Then this class came. I felt like this is what I needed to learn to get me over the hump of the back and forth yo yo effect I was on. Before I started the Foods by God class I once again had spots of pain in my intestines and I really didn’t want to go get another colonoscopy. We have been doing this class now for about three months. I noticed the other week that those pains are gone and my joint pain is gone.  The acid reflux has completely cleared up.  It is so nice to not feel that pain, worry about it, or think I need to go get a colonoscopy. Also, I have stopped taking most of the vitamins. Now the only vitamins I take are Probiotics; because they are very good for our digestive systems. 
 
 I do get to enjoy my sweet treats, but made with honey, and or maple syrup. The fresh fruit is also a great treat. I don’t miss sugar because I notice now that I get a headache and feel terrible when I eat it, so it is not even worth it for me. I’m very glad and relieved to start my 50s feeling much better, I was concerned in my 40s that if I felt this bad, how would I feel in my 60s.  It is so worth it to make the changes.
 
Thanks, Mary, for your generosity and giving spirit.
 
Shalom,

Renee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment